Top 3 Summer Trends
Posted June 8, 2012 by admin in Fashion
Color blocking is the rage – not only in Pakistan, but the world over. Many designers including BCBG Max Azria have devoted their entire Spring/Summer 2012 collections to this trend. Neons accessories are another trend to incorporate into your summer wardrobe – be it a bag, a pair of shoes or a bright nail polish. Lastly, button-down shirts with pockets, broaches and button-up sleeves are your go-to choice for an easy summer outfit that looks effortlessly chic. Here are some tips on getting in on these trends…
1. Incorporate all three together: Get beautiful shirts stitched yourself – plain lawn fabric won’t cost you more than Rs. 500, and a broach, another Rs. 300. It’s an inexpensive and easy way to create a trendy summer wardrobe.
2. Color blocking: We suggest using complementary or contrasting colors when designing these shirts. For example, the combination of orange and hot pink look great together.
3. Neon accessories: Invest in some neon accessories that will give your outfit a pop of color. We love these bright colored bags by Rebecca Minkoff.
4. Tights: No pants? No problem! Just pair your long button-down shirt with a pair of tights and you are good to go. Without busting your wallet, you can buy as many colors of the rainbow and have matching tights for all your new summer shirts.
5. Colors: This summer is the right time to be experimental with colors – we’re seeing a lot of blues, fuchsias and many shades of orange. Tangerine is the color of the moment.
Article by Marvi Altaf, Karachi Correspondent